It’s artist spotlight time and this week I’m talking about a “Creative Chick from South Carolina”, Susan Sorrell:
Who Is SuSan SoRrELL???
- With a needle and thread I will turn the art world on its ear.
- I raise abandon beads that people have discarded in thrift stores.
- I color outside the lines….and do it with permanent markers.
- I like the color red, because it is obnoxious, vibrant and loud.
- Fiber art is not something you eat for breakfast…you hang it on your wall.
- I am inspired by lots of artists and creative people…living and dead.
- I pull my ideas out of the air like a magician.
- I have a college degree in Visual Arts, so that makes me know less about how not to save money.
- All my clothes are from Old Navy and have paint stains on them.
- I am an artist…..watch me paint the world clueless.
Susan’s work is so cool, here’s 2 samples:
Susan paints, embroiders and works in something called fiber art. She teaches too.
What I think is especially noteworthy is her fabulous web presence, she gets her work out there as well as any artist I’ve seen. She is an amazing marketer utilizing social networks, websites and blogs. She gets her work that is available out there as well as the work she’s sold. She is a great example of how to use the internet to get your creative work out there. She seems to know that there is a greater potential audience for an artist than at any time in human history and takes advantage of it!
Here’s where you can find her:
Her Facebook Group: